A Step by Step Guide to Vehicular Timber Bridge Design
Bridge Builders ™ has the vision, philosophy and professionalism to design and construct a quality vehicular timber bridge project, engineered to last.
Our vehicular timber bridge design and construction process is truly seamless. We offer full service from initial consultation through design work, budgeting, scheduling to construction on your site.
Bridge Builders’ ™ team of highly skilled professionals works directly with the owner, developer, architect or general contractor to coordinate all aspects of bridge design and the construction project, delivering a project on-time with superbly consistent quality.
Our vehicular timber bridge design construction is exacting and consistent no matter what the size or complexity of the project. It is that kind of attention to detail and careful regard for a client that sets Bridge Builders ™ apart.
The quality of our construction materials is high. The quality of our workmanship and detailing is even higher.
PRE CONSTRUCTION AND DESIGN PHASE
- After signing a contract with Bridge Builders ™, our Project Coordinator (PC) will contact you to review site preparations and the specifics of your project. The PC will discuss all bridge decisions such as material choices, timber bridge design, treatment, grading, site access, bridge location and all other aspects of your project. You should discuss any changes at this time, including time frame requirements and special needs. You should have begun obtaining a permit if required. If needed, we can provide preliminary drawings for review by the appropriate authorities. Time: 1 week
- Bridge Builders ™ will then send you preliminary timber bridge designs for your approval. Time: 2-6 weeks.
- At this point, an engineer, licensed in your project’s state, will complete calculations and place a seal on each drawing, guaranteeing the structural viability of your timber bridge. Time: 1 week.
- Next, the Project Coordinator will begin procuring the required materials. Coordination is important to ensure that materials, equipment and the construction crew arrive at the site on the same day. Time: 4-5 weeks.
- Bridge Builders’ ™ highly skilled crew and equipment in full compliance with OSHA standards, will arrive with all construction materials. You should have made the staging area, secure storage and access road available.
- Bridge Builders’ ™ crew chief will walk the job site with you and review pre-construction paperwork. Any complex site issues will be discussed. Bridge Builders’ crew will confirm the elevation and center line path of your timber bridge. These will have been previously determined by your surveyor. When you are satisfied you will authorize our crew to begin construction.
- Construction will begin, usually from the Deck level. The first task will be to drive piling to an appropriate depth, typically to refusal.
- Piling logs and photographs of work in progress will be reviewed by Bridge Builders’ ™ management to further assure the highest standards of quality control.
POST CONSTRUCTION PHASE
- When construction is complete we will schedule a final walk-through of your vehicular timber bridge(s). You will walk through all of the completed bridges to ensure your complete satisfaction.
- As an example of our commitment to the highest standards, Bridge Builders ™ schedule a mutual inspection of your site within one year after completion.
Choose Bridge Builders USA, Inc. as your contractor for your next vehicular timber bridge design and construction project and see why we have been the undisputed leader in vehicular timber bridge construction for almost 30 years. Contact us to get started on your project today
It is with great enthusiasm that I write you this letter. It is unusual in today’s construction market to find a subcontractor with so many positive qualities. We are very satisfied with the timber bridges that Bridge Builders constructed for us. The quality of the materials are high. The quality of workmanship and detailing are even higher. And your pricing was very competitive. The bridges really look great and we feel confident they will give us many years of trouble free service. You guys really have this thing down to a science.
As important as the finished product, however, is the way the project was managed on the job. Your crew needed little or no “hand holding” (which is very important when there are a million other things going on). It was almost like your guys said “show me where the bridges go and I’ll tell you when I’m done.” There is really something to be said for a working relationship where a subcontractor can be confidently left alone to do their work. When there were questions or problems, they were brought to the attention of the superintendent in a timely manner so as not to create a crisis situation. It was a pleasure dealing with you and your organization from start to finish.
I look forward to working with you on our next course. Many thanks for a job well done!
James H. Nicosia
Senior Project Manager
James F. Knott Construction Company